This promotion is operated by Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (company number 00078439) with registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the Promoter).
The development and administration of the Microsite (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) and the prize available to be won in this promotion is arranged, fulfilled and delivered by XSEM Limited (company number 00253325) with registered office at Leigh House, St Pauls Street, Leeds, LS1 2JT (Agent).
How will your personal data be used?
- The personal data that you provide in connection with this promotion (and, if applicable, the personal data of your guest) will be used for the purposes of administering the promotion, verifying eligibility of entrants, selecting and contacting the winners and fulfilling the prize in accordance with the terms and conditions of this promotion below (“Terms and Conditions”).
- .If you win a prize (or you are a guest of a prize winner), then the Agent may ask you to sign a promotional release so that your name, county and photographs or other recordings of you and your guests may be used in connection with the prize in the Promoter's publicity concerning the promotion and its products, including on (or in) the Promoter's social media pages, websites, press releases and advertising.
- The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for the processing of personal data in connection with this promotion. If you do not provide your personal data, your entry cannot be processed, you will not receive notification if you have won a prize, nor will it be possible to award a prize to you. If (where applicable) your guest does not provide their personal data, then they cannot be included in the prize.
- Your personal data (and, if applicable, the personal data of your guest) will not be disclosed or shared with any third party other than those who are engaged to administer the promotion and to fulfil and deliver the prize(s), or third parties who request details of the winner(s) of this promotion as described at paragraph 2(a) above.
- Your personal data (and, if applicable, the personal data of the winner’s guest) may be sent to countries outside of the UK in order to conduct aspects of the promotion (e.g. where fulfilment of the prize happens in another country). Where this occurs, the party responsible will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
- If you are unsuccessful in winning a prize, the Agent will delete your personal data promptly after the prizes have been awarded and distributed. If you are a winner, your personal data will not be processed for any longer than is required for the party processing your data to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact the relevant party using the contact details set out at paragraph 9 below.
- In accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations, you are reminded that you (and your guest where applicable) may at any time exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, opposition to treatment (including a right to require that your personal data is erased), your right to amend your data and right to ask to port (transfer) your data directly to another third party. Please note that if you wish to exercise your right to require that your personal data is erased, this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion and, if you are a winner (or a guest of a winner), will mean that you cannot receive or take up the prize.
- If you believe that your personal data is not being treated in accordance with the law, you have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commission’s Officer (ICO) or other competent authority. You can find more details about the ICO at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the "Brakspear Brooklyn Win a Trip to New York February 2024” promotion. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as you will be legally bound by them from the time that you enter.
If there is a conflict in these Terms and Conditions with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this promotion, these conditions will take precedence.
- This promotion is open to all persons aged 21 or over and resident in the UK excluding Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands, other than employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, its associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
- You will require internet access, an email address, and a smartphone with a camera to enter this promotion. A purchase is also necessary. No free entry route is available.
- To enter the promotion you must, prior to the Closing Date:
- purchase a pint of Brooklyn Pilsner from a participating Brakspear pub which is displaying the promotional material relating to this promotion;
- scan the QR code found on fount hangers and drip mats after purchase at the bar and fully complete the online form, following the prompts on the Microsite; and
- obtain a receipt as proof of your purchase (Receipt) and retain this until at least 14 March 2024.
- Products are available from participating pubs only and are subject to availability.
- Any instructions provided at the point of entry form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- This promotion starts at 00:00 on 01/02/2024 and ends at 23:59 on 29/02/2024 (Closing Date). All entries must be received by the Closing Date. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
- Entrants may only enter this promotion using the Microsite. No more than one entry will be accepted per person for the duration of this Promotion. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
- There is one prize available to be won in this promotion, consisting of a 4-night trip to Brooklyn, New York for the winner and one guest (who both must be aged 21 or over) to be taken on a date to be agreed between 1 July to 30 November 2024 (inclusive). The prize package includes:
- return economy flights to any New York airport from the winner’s choice of any UK airport operating direct flights to New York, each with hand luggage only;
- return airport transfers at the destination;
- accommodation for 4 nights at a 3* Bed and Breakfast hotel allocated by the Promoter or the Agent, with the winner and their guest sharing a double or twin bedroom (or equivalent accommodation at the discretion of the Promoter being provided); and
- travel allowance to the value of £200 (Allowance) to be spent during the trip (please see Clause 22 for further details regarding the Allowance); and
- one pair of tickets for a tour of the Brooklyn Brewery at 79 N 11th, Brooklyn, New York to be used during the trip on a date to be agreed with the winner (Brewery Tour Tickets).
- The prize must be taken by the winner and their guests between 1 July and 30 November 2024 and may not be taken during any dates that are statutory public holidays in the United Kingdom, the United States of America or the State of New York. Travel and accommodation dates are subject to booking availability and the winner acknowledges that their first preferred date may not be available.
- Use of the Brewery Tour Tickets and entry into the brewery is subject to any regulations in force at the brewery from time to time and the terms and conditions of the Brewery Tour Tickets. The Brewery Tour Tickets must be used by the winner and their guest on the agreed time and date during the opening hours of the brewery. Brewery Tour Tickets will be emailed to the winner using the email address provided by the winner.
- The Prize will be booked by the Agent and the winner must provide all reasonable assistance to the Agent for this purpose. A valid credit or debit card may be required from the winner as a security deposit when checking into accommodation.
- Unless stated otherwise in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise notified to the winner, all elements of the Prize must be taken at the same time and once booked, cannot be altered or amended. No element of the Prize (including, but not limited to, the Brewery Tour Tickets) may be resold under any circumstances.
- The Agent, on behalf of the Promoter, will transfer to a bank account nominated in writing by the winner, the amount of the Allowance (£200) not less than three working days prior to the date booked for travel. Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner (and their guest, where applicable) in the general use and enjoyment of their prize are the sole responsibility of the winner (and their guest). The winner and their guest shall be responsible for any expenses incurred in the general use and enjoyment of the prize exceeding the amount of the Allowance. Other travel expenses (including, but not limited to, travel to and from UK departure airport, equipment and additional facilities are excluded. Neither the Agent nor the Promoter will be liable to pay any further sums incurred by the winner or their guest for any reason in excess of the amount of the Allowance.
- The winner and their guest must procure their own travel insurance and any necessary vaccinations, immunisations or similar and supply proof of adequate insurance to cover the trip to the Agent upon request. Both the winner and their guest must be legally able to travel to New York in the United States of America on the date booked for travel (including, but not limited to, meeting any Covid-19 regulations / restrictions which apply at the time of travel), attend the brewery tour and must obtain all necessary visas and other documentation for travel (including, but not limited to, any Covid-19 documentation required). Copies of valid passports will also be required. UK Passport holders travelling to the United States of America are required to have a valid ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) from the US Embassy. You can apply for this a minimum of 72 hours prior to travel although we recommend you apply as soon as your travel date is confirmed. Please note that anyone without an ESTA will be deported from the US upon arrival without exception. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest to arrange and comply with the ESTA visa requirements at their own cost. Approval is at the discretion of the US Embassy and neither the Promoter or the Agent can be held responsible for this being rejected. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest to ensure that their passport will remain valid for a sufficient amount of time to permit entry to the United States of America on the date of travel. If unsure of the requirements, the winner and their guest are advised to consult the guidance issued by HM Passport Office on the GOV.UK website.
- In the event the prize has not been redeemed by 30 November 2024, the winner’s entitlement to receive the prize will expire. Neither the Promoter or the Agent accepts responsibility for any failure or inability of the winner to redeem or take up the prize by the date required.
- Any further prize details will be confirmed when the winner is contacted. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- Each prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that their prize can be used by them (and their guest if applicable).
Winner Selection, Notification and Claiming
- The winner will be the first entry drawn at random by the Agent from all eligible entries by a computer process that produces verifiably random results. The draw will take place on 07/03/2024.
- The winner will be contacted by the Agent by email within 14 days of the Closing Date using the details provided to enter the promotion to verify proof of purchase. Non-winning entrants will not be notified.
- To claim their prize, the winner must provide a valid Receipt as proof of purchase. Once proof of purchase has been verified, the Agent will contact the winner within 48 hours with travel dates and any further prize details. The winner must confirm to the Agent within 28 days of being contacted their preferred date on which to redeem the prize.
- A prize may be forfeited and a replacement winner drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion in the following events:
- the prize is declined, or a winner cannot take up their prize;
- a winner is disqualified under the Terms and Conditions of this promotion; or
- a winner fails to claim their prize in accordance with paragraph 15 above.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any inability of a winner (or their guest if applicable) to take up a prize nor for any inability of a winner to produce a valid Receipt (whether through loss or damage, or for any other reason).
- If you need to amend the contact details you provided to enter the promotion or wish to withdraw your entry, please contact the Promoter in writing at [email protected].
- To obtain the name and county of the winner(s), please email [email protected] within three months of the Closing Date. Entrants can object to disclosure or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting the Promoter. The Promoter may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner (or any guest of a winner) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prizeexcept where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for (a) any entries or winner notifications which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason; (b) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the promotion; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the promotion; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or (e) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the promotion or to download any materials in connection with the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. This includes any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this clause by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts or using multiple identities. No bulk, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this promotion, each entrant warrants that all information submitted about them is true, current and complete.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, Marston's House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, England, WV1 4JT
Please drink responsibly. Bedrinkaware.co.uk.