This promotion is operated and administered on behalf of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (the Promoter) by Zeal the Promoter's representative at the Publican Awards event on 29th March 2023 Zeal, and XSEM Limited, whose registered office is at Leigh House, St. Pauls Street, Leeds, LS1 2JT (XSEM) who will arrange, fulfil and deliver the first prize package of a trip to New York (First Prize Package) on behalf of the Promoter.
How Zeal and XSEM will use your personal data
- The personal data that you provide when you submit an entry to this promotion will be used by Zeal for the purposes of administering and managing your participation in the promotion, verifying eligibility of the winner in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the promotion below (Terms and Conditions).
- If you win the First Prize Package, Zeal will:
- share your personal data with XSEM by Friday 31st March to arrange fulfillment and delivery of the prize.
- If you win the First Prize Package, XSEM will request and process your personal data (and the personal data of your guest) provided in connection with this promotion only for the purposes of prize fulfilment.
- The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis on which Zeal and XSEM will process your personal data. If you are the winner of the First Prize Package and do not provide your personal data, XSEM cannot provide you with the First Prize Package. If your guest does not provide their personal data, then they cannot be included in the First Prize Package.
- Other than detailed above, neither Zeal or XSEM will share your personal data with any third party other than those who are engaged by XSEM to fulfil and deliver the First Prize Package. Your personal data (and, if you are the winner, the personal data of your guest) may need to be sent to countries outside of the UK in order to conduct aspects of the promotion (e.g. where fulfilment of the First Prize Package happens in another country). Where this occurs, Zeal and XSEM will each ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
- If you are not successful in winning the First Prize Package, Zeal will not request your personal data. If you are successful in winning the First Prize Package, Zeal will delete your personal data promptly after three months have elapsed from the promotion closing date. If you are successful in winning the First Prize Package (or you are the winner’s guest), then XSEM will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact Zeal and / or XSEM using the contact details set out in paragraph 7 below.
- In accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations, Zeal and XSEM each remind you that at any time you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, opposition to treatment, including a right to require that Zeal and / or XSEM erase your personal data (but note that this will, in the case of Zeal, automatically remove your entry from the promotion and, if you are a winner, will mean that you cannot receive or take up the prize), a right to amend your data and the right to ask to port (transfer) your data directly to another organisation by writing to [email protected]
- If you believe that Zeal and / or XSEM are not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office or other competent authority. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
How the Promoter will use your personal data
The Promoter will not process or receive any personal data in connection with this promotion.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to all persons who are:
- guests who have a valid ticket for, and are in attendance at, the Publican Awards 2023 event on 29 March 2023 at Evolution London
- aged 21 or over and resident in the United Kingdom,
other than employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion, including but not limited to the Promoter's agencies: Zeal and XSEM.
- Where an entrant is an officer and/or employee of a company or organisation with a relationship with the Promoter, then they must:
- have the permission of their employer to enter;
- comply with their employer's anti-bribery policy and ensure that they will be entitled to accept a prize in the event that they are successful;
- notify the Promoter immediately if they have entered the promotion and they are not permitted to participate;
- be responsible for any tax liabilities which may arise as a result of the receipt of any prize.
- The Promoter may remove entries and forfeit applicable prizes where an entrant is not permitted to participate in the promotion. The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify entries and forfeit prizes from other entrants where it is aware that entrant is an officer or employee of the same company or organisation, if it receives notification that employees, officers or staff of that company or organisation are not permitted to participate in the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter and Claim a Prize
- To enter this promotion, you must:
- be in attendance at the Publican Awards event on 29th March 2023 (the Publican Awards); and
- play the Brooklyn "ball grabber" machine at the Publican Awards between 6pm and either the time that all prizes are won and claimed or, if later, 2am on 30th March 2023.
- Entrants should limit their attempt to grab a ball at the Brooklyn "ball grabber" machine to one attempt. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to redeem a prize if it becomes aware that entrants are seeking to claim a second or subsequent prize.
- Each entrant who successfully grabs a ball must open the ball to find out what they have won. Prizes will be redeemable at the Brooklyn Pretzel stand at the Publican Awards event.
- The promotion starts at 6pm on 29th March 2023. Prizes are subject to availability and once all prizes have been won, the promotion will end. If all prizes have not been won by 2am on 30th March 2023, then the promotion will end at that time and the remaining prizes will not be awarded as part of this promotion.
- All play at the "ball grabber" machine must be completed by 2am on 30th March 2023.
- All winners must claim their prizes at the Brooklyn Pretzel stand at the Publican Awards before the stand closes at 2am on 30th March 2023. Prizes not claimed while the stand is open at the event will be forfeited and will not be awarded as part of this promotion.
- To claim their prize, winners must present, in person at the Brooklyn Pretzel stand, the prize notification voucher (Prize Voucher) included in the ball they grabbed when using the "ball grabber" machine. The valid Prize Voucher must be given to the Promoter's representative at the Brooklyn Pretzel stand prior to 2am on 30th March 2023. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to a winner who does not produce a valid Prize Voucher as required and if this occurs, the prize will be forfeited. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any inability of the winner to produce a valid and legible Prize Voucher (whether through loss or damage, or for any other reason).
- All prizes, other than the trip prize (the First Prize Package as defined below), must be taken away by the winner, in person, on claiming the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes that are lost, damaged or not claimed, including, in the case of prizes other than the trip prize (the First Prize Package as defined below), where they are not accepted and taken away by the winner on claiming their prize.
- The winner of the trip prize (the First Prize Package as defined below) must present their valid Prize Voucher, claim their prize and provide their name and contact details, as requested by the staff present, at the Brooklyn Pretzel stand at the Publican Awards, before the stand closes at 2am on 30th March 2023. The winner must ensure that their contact details are correct; otherwise the Promoter or its agency will not be able to contact them and the winner will not be able to redeem their prize.
- The promotion is valid in relation to the Publican Awards event only. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the Terms and Conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- There is one first prize package of a trip prize and 150 Brooklyn branded caps and 100 Brooklyn branded water bottles available to be won. There is no guarantee that these prizes will be won (how many prizes are won will depend on how many people enter the promotion and successfully grab a winning ball, at the "ball grabber" machine, at the Publican Awards event).
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- Each prize, including the First Prize Package (as defined below), is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
The First Prize Package
- The first prize package (First Prize Package) consists of a 3-night trip to Brooklyn, New York for the winner and one guest (who must be aged 21 or over). The First Prize Package includes:
- return economy flights to any New York airport from the winner’s choice of (a) any London airport operating direct flights to New York; or (b) Manchester Airport, with hand luggage and one checked bag per person;
- accommodation for 3 nights at a 4* hotel allocated by the Promoter or its agency, with the winner and their guest sharing a double or twin bedroom (or equivalent accommodation at the discretion of the Promoter);
- food and drinks allowance to the value of £500 (Allowance) to be spent during the trip; and
- one pair of tickets for a tour of the Brooklyn Brewery at 79 N 11th St., Brooklyn, New York to be used during the trip on a date to be agreed with the winner (Brewery Tour Tickets), including transport to and from the hotel.
- The winner of the prize package and their guest must be 21 years old or over. The winner will be required to provide to XSEM within 28 days of being contacted proof of identity for the winner and their guest, documenting full name and date of birth, before the prize will be booked. Only official sealed government documents can be accepted as proof of identity (driving licence, identity card or passport). Expired proof of identity will not be accepted. In the event a winner is under 21, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner will be drawn. In the event a guest is under 21, the winner will be required to select an alternative guest who is aged 21 years or over. Any failure by the winner to respond to XSEM’s request for guest nomination or proof of identity within 28 days of being contacted may result in the prize being forfeited.
- Subject to the winner of the First Prize Package claiming their prize and providing their contact details at the Publican Awards event, they will be contacted by XSEM within one week of the Publican Awards event, using the contact details they provided. XSEM will provide the winner with available travel dates and any further prize details. The winner must confirm to XSEM within 28 days of being contacted their preferred dates on which to redeem the prize. Should the winner fail to confirm their preferred travel date within 28 days of being contacted, the First Prize Package may be forfeited.
- The First Prize Package must be redeemed by the winner and their guest before 31st July 2024 and may not be taken during the month of December 2023 or any dates that are statutory or public holidays in the United Kingdom, the United States of America or the State of New York. Travel and accommodation dates are subject to booking availability and the winner acknowledges that their first preferred date may not be available.
- Use of the Brewery Tour Tickets and entry into the brewery is subject to any regulations in force at the brewery from time to time and the terms and conditions of the Brewery Tour Tickets. The Brewery Tour Tickets must be used by the winner and their guest on the agreed time and date during the opening hours of the brewery. Brewery Tour Tickets will be emailed to the winner using the email address provided by the winner.
- The First Prize Package will be booked by XSEM and the winner must provide all reasonable assistance to XSEM for such purposes. A valid credit or debit card may be required from the winner as a security deposit when checking into accommodation.
- Unless stated otherwise in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise notified to the winner, all elements of the First Prize Package must be taken at the same time and once booked, cannot be altered or amended. No element of the First Prize Package (including, but not limited to, the Brewery Tour Tickets) may be resold under any circumstances.
- XSEM, on behalf of the Promoter, will transfer to a bank account nominated in writing by the winner, the amount of the Allowance (£500) prior to the date booked for travel. The winner and their guest shall be responsible for any expenses incurred in the general use and enjoyment of the prize in excess of the amount of the Allowance. Other travel (including travel to and from UK departure airport and return airport transfers at the destination) expenses, equipment and additional facilities or accommodation are excluded. Neither XSEM nor the Promoter will be liable to pay any further sums incurred by the winner or their guest for any reason in excess of the amount of the Allowance.
- The winner of the First Prize Package and their guest must procure their own travel insurance and any necessary vaccinations, immunisations or similar and supply to XSEM upon request proof of adequate travel insurance to cover the trip. Both the winner of the First Prize Package and their guest must be legally able to travel to New York in the United States of America on the date booked for travel (including, but not limited to, meeting any Covid-19 regulations or other restrictions which apply at the time of travel) and attend the brewery tour. The winner of the First Prize Package and their guest must also obtain and hold all necessary visas and other documentation for travel (including, but not limited to, valid passports and any Covid-19 documentation required). UK passport holders travelling to the United States of America are required to have a valid ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) from the US Embassy. You can apply for this a minimum of 72 hours prior to travel although we recommend you apply as soon as your travel date is confirmed. Please note that anyone without an ESTA will be deported from the US upon arrival without exception. It is the winner and guest’s responsibility to arrange and comply with the ESTA visa requirements of the US. Approval is at the discretion of the US Embassy and neither the Promoter nor XSEM can be held responsible for this being rejected. It is the responsibility of the winner of the First Prize Package and their guest to ensure that their passport will remain valid for a sufficient amount of time to permit entry to the United States of America on the date of travel. If unsure of the requirements, the winner and their guest are advised to consult the guidance issued by HM Passport Office on the GOV.UK website.
- In the event the First Prize Package has not been redeemed by 31st July 2024, the winner’s entitlement to receive the prize will expire. Neither the Promoter nor XSEM accepts responsibility for any failure or inability of the winner to redeem or take up the prize by the date required.
- Any further First Prize Package details will be confirmed when the winner is contacted by XSEM.
- There are two hundred and fifty (250) Merchandise Prizes available to be won, consisting of the following:
- One hundred and fifty (150) x Brooklyn branded caps
- One hundred (100) x Brooklyn branded water bottles
- There will be one Prize Voucher for each prize included in the promotion (including the First Prize Package). Each Prize Voucher will be allocated to a ball in the "ball grabber" machine at random. The balls in the "ball grabber" machine will be mixed so that entrants and the Promoter do not know which ball corresponds to which prize.
- The winner of each prize will be the entrant who retrieves the winning ball including the Prize Voucher corresponding to that prize from the "ball grabber" machine at the Brooklyn Pretzel stand at the Publican Awards event.
- A prize may be forfeited in the following events:
- the prize is declined, or the winner cannot take up the prize;
- the winner of the First Prize Package fails to confirm their preferred date for travel to XSEM within 28 days of being contacted;
- the winner of the First Prize Package fails to provide valid proof of identity confirming that the winner and their guest are both over the age of 21, or fails to nominate a guest within 28 days of being contacted;
- the winner fails to produce a valid Prize Voucher as required by these Terms and Conditions.
Neither the Promoter, Zeal nor XSEM will be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the prize or if any prize is forfeited in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- To obtain the name and county of the winner of the First Prize Package (unless the winner has objected on lawful grounds), please email [email protected] within three months of the Closing Date.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- The Promoter may disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. This includes any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this paragraph by tampering with the operation of the promotion. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, save only that consumers who are residents of Scotland or Northern Ireland may additionally or alternatively bring an action in their home courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, Marston's House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT.
Please drink responsibly. Bedrinkaware.co.uk.