1. Your personal data (and, if you win, the personal data of your guests) will be held by Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (the "Promoter") and used only for the purpose of administering the promotion and publicising the winner in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the promotion (“Terms and Conditions”). The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for the Promoter's processing. If you do not provide your personal data, the Promoter cannot process your entry, enter you into the promotion or notify you if you are successful in accordance with its obligations under the Terms and Conditions. If your guest(s) do not provide their personal data, then the Promoter cannot include them in the prize.
2. If you win a prize, then the Promoter will make your name and county available, as a winner, on the Promoter's website and/or to people requesting that information in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, in line with the Promoter's responsibilities under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing. If you do not want your name made available, please inform us using the contact details in paragraph 6.
3. If you are not successful in winning the prize, the Promoter will delete your personal data promptly after the prize has been awarded. If you are successful (or you are a guest of a prize winner), then the Promoter will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact the Promoter using the contact details set out below.
4. The Promoter will not disclose or share your personal data (or, if you are a winner, the personal the data of your guest(s)) with any third party other than those who are engaged by the Promoter to administer the competition and fulfil the prizes. A non-exhaustive list of third parties with whom your personal data (and, if you are a winner, the personal data of your guest(s)) may be shared with is given below:
5. Your personal data (and, if you are a winner, the personal data of your guest(s)) may be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area where the Promoter's (or its third parties') processing equipment is located in another country or where fulfilment of the prize happens in another country but the Promoter will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
6. Entrants (and winners' guests) have various rights with regard to their personal data which the Promoter holds about them:
a. a right to request a copy of that data;
b. a right to require that the Promoter erases your data (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion and, if you are a winner or a guest of a winner, will mean that you cannot receive or take up the prize);
c. a right to amend your data; and
d. the right to ask us to port (transfer) your data directly to you or another organisation.
To exercise any of these rights, please write [email protected]. You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you want the Promoter to take and enclose proof of your identity.
7. If you believe that the Promoter is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in England and Wales, other than employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
3. You will require internet access and a purchase is necessary to enter the promotion.
4. To enter the promotion you must, prior to the Closing Date:
a. purchase a 4 x 500ml can pack of Wainwright Golden Beer (Product) from a participating James Hall & Co SPAR store displaying the promotional material (each a Store); and
b. visit www.carlsbergmarstons.co.uk/winwithwainwright (Landing Page) or scan the QR code displayed on the in-store promotional material, insert the information required on the Landing Page and retain the receipt you obtained when purchasing the Product at a Store (Receipt) as proof of purchase until at least 23rd November 2022.
5. Any instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
6. The promotion starts at 00:01 on 8th September 2022. All purchases must be made and entries received by the Promoter before the promotion closes at 23:59 on 12th October 2022 (Closing Date). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
7. No more than one entry per person. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
8. There is one prize consisting of a one-night walking break in the Lake District available to be won for the use of the winner and up to three guests (who must be aged 18 or older). The prize includes:
a. An overnight stay in a hotel or guest house (with a rating of at least 3 stars or equivalent where applicable) of the winner’s choice from a selection compiled by the Agent (as defined below), based on four people sharing two double or twin bedrooms, with breakfast included;
b. A fully catered Wainwright-hosted barbecue on the evening of day one, provided at the accommodation (weather permitting) or at an alternative nearby location should adverse weather make this necessary;
c. Private guided walking tour across two days, tailored to the fitness levels of the winner and their guests; and
d. Lunch and one free pint of Wainwright-branded beer or soft drink per person on each walking route (on day one and day two).
9. The winner’s choice of accommodation and the pub(s) at which they wish to enjoy lunch are subject to availability. The Agent will use reasonable endeavours to book the winner’s preferred accommodation and pub(s), but the winner acknowledges that their first choice may not be available.
10. Whilst guided walking tours will be tailored to the fitness level of the group, winners and guests are reminded that the activity may be physically demanding and may be affected by adverse weather conditions. Winners and guests are advised to make any injury or disability known to the guide and must follow the guide’s instructions at all times. Winners and guests are also recommended to pack appropriately and ensure that suitable clothing and footwear is worn for the climate and terrain. Participation in this element of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions of the tour operator, a copy of which will be made available to the winner following booking. In the event of any conflict, the Terms and Conditions applicable to this promotion will apply.
11. Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner and their guests in the general use and/or enjoyment of the prize (including, without limitation, travel expenses, food/refreshments not specifically included with the prize and any clothing, equipment or accessories for use during the activity), are the sole responsibility of the winner and their guests.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
13. The prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that the prize can be used by the winner and their guest(s).
14. The prize may be redeemed by the winner between 1st March 2023 and 28th September 2023 inclusive, but may not be redeemed on any day which is a public holiday in England and Wales. All elements of the prize must be redeemed together. The Agent will use reasonable endeavours to deliver the prize on the winner’s preferred date, although this cannot be guaranteed and the winner acknowledges that their preferred date may not be available.
15. Once the prize has been booked, the date on which the prize will be redeemed may not be amended unless the guided walking tour activity is cancelled by the tour operator due to extreme weather conditions. In the event of such cancellation (and only in this event):
a. the prize may be rebooked for an alternative available date between 1st March 2023 and 28th September 2023; or
b. in the event that such cancellation prevents the winner from taking up the prize by 28th September 2023 (and only in this event), the prize may be rebooked for an alternative available date in 2024.
16. Save in the event that paragraph 15(b) applies, if the prize is not redeemed by 28th September 2023, the winner’s entitlement to receive the prize will expire. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any inability of the winner to redeem the prize by 28th September 2023 as required.
Selection of Winner
17. The winner will be the first entrant drawn at random from all eligible entries by a computer process that produces verifiably random results after the Closing Date. The Agent will contact the winner by 26th October 2022 using the details provided by the winner to enter the promotion, to confirm they have won and to request the winner provide their Receipt and identification for the winner and their guest(s) as required by paragraph 21 below.
19. To obtain the name and county of the winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope to Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT within three months of the Closing Date.
Claiming the Prize
20. The winner and their guest(s) must be aged 18 years or older. The Promoter (by itself or through its Agent) reserves the right to verify the age of the winner and their guest(s) by requesting copies of valid photo identification. If such identification shows that the winner is under 18 years old, the prize will be forfeited. If identification provided for the winner’s guest(s) shows that any guest is under 18 years old, the winner will be asked to nominate a replacement guest who is aged 18 or older. Any failure by the winner to respond to requests for guest nomination or identification may result in the prize being forfeited.
21. In order to claim the prize, the winner must provide to the Promoter’s fulfilment agent, Cloud 9 Incentives Ltd (Agent):
a. a valid Receipt as proof of purchase; and
b. copies of valid photographic identification confirming that the winner and their guest(s) are aged 18 years or older
within 14 days of being notified by the Agent that they have won.
22. If the prize is declined, the winner cannot take up the prize or the winner fails to claim the prize as required by paragraph 21 above within 14 days of being notified by the Agent that they have won, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any inability of the winner to produce a valid Receipt (whether through loss or damage, or for any other reason) or for any inability of the winner or any of their guests to take up the prize.
23. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and its agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner (or any guest of the winner) or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
25. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. This includes any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this clause by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts or using multiple identities. No bulk, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
26. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
27. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
28. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, Marston's House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, England, WV1 4JT
Please drink responsibly. Bedrinkaware.co.uk.